Emergency Shelter and Sleeping Bag
$17.30 incl. 15% GST
All products are shipped from New Zealand within the next business day.
Just like an Emergency Space Blanket the Emergency Shelter relies on the same Technology developed by Nasa. It consists of a small tube of reflective plastic sheet tightly packed into a small and light package that can be unfolded to create a small tent that will protect up to two persons, inside from rain, snow, wind and excessive heat loss.
In case there is no possibility to set the Emergency Shelter up as a Tent it can also used like a sleeping bag for two persons. The Mylar material is thin, tough and reflects up to 99% of body heat, which is important to survive an emergency situation in a cold or wet environments.
The outer layer is colored in bright orange to make sure the Emergency Shelter can be seen from far away by search parties.
If you flip the Emergency Shelter around in a way that the reflective surface is on the outside it will thus protect you from strong sunlight and excessive heat in environments when there is no natural shade.
The Emergency Tube Tent comes with 5 Meters of Military Grade Type III, 7-Yarn, 3-Strand Paracord Suspension to provide optimal stability for the tent even in rough conditions.
- Size: 2,4m x 1.20m (8ft x 4ft)
- NASA Designed Mylar – Thin, Leightweight, Tough, and Reflects up to 99% of body heat
- Paracord 550 – 5 Meters Military Grade Type III, 7-Yarn, 3-Stand Paracord Suspension
- Superior Design – Anchoring Ropes in 4 Bottom Corners Improve Stability, Fits 2 Adults
- Prepare like a Survivor – Integral Part of Any Survival Kit, Bug-out Bag, Earthquake Kit
- Emergency Use: This Products is for emergency use only and does not replace camping gear
Set up Instructions
- Pull Paracord through tent
- Tie paracord ends to trees or similar objects (height 1m)
- tie corner strings to rock or similar heavy objects.